Here is a step-by-step guide on how to make your own toilet fizz tablets - 100% plastic-free and chemical-free. They are super effective and smell so fresh! They are very easy to make, and are a superb addition to your natural and zero waste cleaning routine.
- 225g (8oz) bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 75g (2 1/2 oz) citric acid
- Zest of 1 orange (optional)
- 25 drops orange or lemon essential oils
- 24 drops lavender essential oils
- Silicone mould
- Combine the bicarbonate of soda, citric acid and orange zest in a large bowl.
- Add the essential oils and stir well to combine.
- Using a fine mist spray, add 1-2 teaspoons water, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, and mix with your fingers until it holds together when squeezed but is just damp, not soaked.
- Press the mixture firmly into silicone moulds, pressing out all air.
- Leave overnight before removing.
- To use, drop one or two tablets into the toilet and leave for 5 minutes.
- Using a toilet brush, swish your bowl clean.