Here is a step-by-step guide on how to make your own gorgeous smelling reusable wet wipes - 100% plastic-free and chemical-free. This is the perfect addition to your natural and zero waste cleaning and bathroom collection.
- 250ml (8 1/2 fl oz / 1 cup) distilled water
- 200ml (7 fl oz/scant / 1 cup) white vinegar
- 15 drops lemon essential oil
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops bergamot essential oil
- 12 cotton cloths cut in half, or 24 pieces of fabric of your choice (any organic cotton or bamboo are perfect - just ensure they're plastic-free and biodegradable)
- Glass jar or container with a lid
- Fill a glass jar halfway with the distilled water.
- Add the vinegar and essential oils and stir well.
- Layer up your cloths into the jar, and once full, add more distilled water to top up the jar.
- Seal and shake well to evenly distribute the oils.
- Take a wipe, use it and return it to the jar afterwards until you feel the mixture needs to be replaced.
- After substantial use of a wipe (for example, babies bottoms!), simply wash in a to wash, and return to the jar.
- Alternatively you could rung newly soaked wipes out, and add to a wet bag or box. They will stay moist for a long period of time and retain their smell, then they're easy to take out with you or include inside a nappy bag or cosmetic bag.