* Updated 24th March *
Dear friends of The Eco Shop,
Firstly we want to pass on our well wishes to you and your loved ones, and we hope that you are staying safe and sane in these worrying times.
As the World continues to adapt to the challenges we are all facing, we want to update you on what we're doing at The Eco Shop to protect our team whilst ensuring we can continue to provide all of your eco essentials.
We are currently open, as normal. Fortunately, as we are an online business we are exempt from trading restrictions other retail businesses are facing. We are fully stocked on all eco essentials, and we have contacted all of our key suppliers who have reassured us that their supply chains are currently unaffected.
We have reduced our minimum spend for free shipping from £50 to £20 to help support our customers during this difficult time.
Our preferred courier is Hermes, and they have confirmed they are putting in place a number of robust measures designed to make health and safety a top priority whilst still enabling people to send and receive parcels, including:
- They have implemented 'contact-free delivery' right to everyone's doorsteps.
- They are asking customers to choose a safe place for deliveries. It is strongly advised that you do this as soon as you receive your email from Hermes including your tracking information. Head to the Hermes website and select 'divert', or to the Hermes app and head to the MyPlaces section. Adding a clear safe place will hopefully avoid any issues.
- If a safe place hasn't been chosen but there is somewhere safe to deliver the parcel, then couriers will leave it there, even when there is someone in the property. A photo will be taken and this will be included in the delivery notification email.
- For parcels requiring a signature, couriers can temporarily do this on behalf of the customer to avoid unnecessary contact via hand-held devices. This will only happen when the customer opens the door and gives their name for security reasons. The courier will stay at least two steps away.
- If there is no safe place available, please be assured that Hermes will always attempt delivery 3 times.
We are a few days behind our packing schedule, due to taking time to plan and implement changes to our workspaces and teams. We have worked through the backlog and deliveries should be back to normal by the weekend.
Health & Safety
We have implemented new procedures to ensure health & safety is prioritised above all else. Social distancing tactics have been applied, and strict cleanliness measures are being taken in our warehouse, including regular cleaning within the space, and frequent hand sanitisation for those involved with packing parcels. No one in our warehouse has been in contact with anyone who is connected with a Coronavirus case.
We are here to help as normal so please don't hesitate to contact us if you need help with your shopping, or even if you're just in need of some community support!
We will keep this page up-to-date with any further news.
Sending you the warmest of wishes, take care of yourselves! 'This Too, Shall Pass!'.
Laura and The Eco Shop team xx