Grow your own microgreens with MicroFarm by Mother, the easy-to-use countertop module that enables anyone to grow microgreens at home, all year round. Mother's mission is to develop and design sustainable solutions for self-sufficient living. You can’t get more environmentally-friendly, hyper-local and zero waste than growing your own food. Plus, microgreens are enormously healthy little plants!
What are microgreens?
Microgreens are the seedlings of leafy greens, vegetables, and herbs. They have a stronger, more intense flavour than that of their mature counterparts and the vitamin, mineral and antioxidant levels measured in microgreens have been recorded as up to 40 times higher than those of mature, fully grown vegetables or herbs.
What do you need?
All you need to grow your own microgreens are seeds, water, and the full-spectrum LED light technology of the MicroFarm.
How many microgreens can I grow?
Each MicroFarm harvest yields around 250g of microgreens. Assuming 10 days on average per harvest, you could have about 35 harvests each year. The best part is, with MicroFarm, you harvest them when they are at their freshest, whenever you want, directly from your countertop.
What can I do with my microgreens?
Microgreens are endlessly versatile - they can be used to create supersalads; as main ingredients, toppings or garnish; in sauces, dressings, spreads and dips; and even in smoothies.
Other features of the MicroFarm:
The MicroFarm is made using sustainable materials:
- Non-virgin aluminium, made out of recycled scrap aluminum
- Paint-free for maximum life span - your MicroFarm will not experience any surface peeling
- The durable LEDs are expected to last up to 8 years before they start to drop in performance
- Plus, the 14W LED consumes very little energy, about 60kWh per annum
- LED grow-light: 38cm x 3,6cm
- Watering Tray: 38cm x 20cm x 2cm
- Standard Legs: 20cm x 25cm