Here is a step-by-step guide on how to make your own effective drain cleaner - 100% plastic-free and chemical-free. This is the perfect addition to your natural and zero waste cleaning routine.
- 500g (1 Ib 2oz) bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) or soda crystals.
- 250ml 98 1/2 fl oz/1 cup) white vinegar.
- Pour 250g of bicarbonate soda down your drain, followed by 500ml of boiling water.
- Leave it for a few minutes, then add the remaining 250g bicarbonate of soda followed by the white vinegar and quickly plug the drain (it should fizz!).
- After a few minutes, flush with some more boiling water.